5 Fashion Do’s and Don’ts
Your style should be a representation of your personality and who you are because fashion is a wonderful way of expressing yourself. Having said that, there are a few things that are generally considered acceptable and other fashion elements that are not, so here’s a look at some fashion-related things you should and shouldn’t do:
- Own a pair of black pumps. They look great with any outfit and are appropriate for any event, day or night.
- Spend a little more on staple pieces (blazer, white shirt, dress pants, etc.), so that you get quality. These are pieces that you will be wearing often, so it’s worth the investment.
- Invest in a little black dress. This is an item that will never go out of style and you can wear it time and time again. There are several styles to choose from, so you’ll be able to find the LBD that’s perfect for you.
- Know your figure and your features, and shop accordingly. Certain styles are more flattering for certain body types and certain elements can help accentuate parts of your body. For example, vertical stripes will help elongate your silhouette, while horizontal stripes can make you seem wider.
- Show off a part of your body that you love so long as it’s tasteful and appropriate. If you’re proud of your toned legs you should absolutely wear a skirt that emphasizes that feature.
- Incorporating a multitude of prints. Instead, select just one. Wearing multiple patterns at the same time is not a good idea, so choose one print and let it stand out.
- Wear underwear or a bra in a colour that can be seen through your clothes. You should wear nude undergarments under a white outfit as opposed to black or red or a colour that will stand out when it really shouldn’t.
- Wear fake accessories because they will not help in any way. It’s better to have a no-name purse that is stylish than to have one that is attempting to be a brand it is not.
- Wear sequins unless you’re going to a party or an evening event that calls for it. Sequins should not be a part of your work attire.
- Wear sky-high heels that you cannot walk in because you will stand out for all the wrong reasons. The same is true of skirts that are too tight and cause you to walk funny.
Always wear clothes that make you feel and look your best. It’s important to be yourself, so dress in clothes that bring a smile to your face and never try to impress anyone by wearing an outfit you’re uncomfortable with. Ziba Couture can help you find all of the right styles that are flattering and perfect for you. If you want to feel good and look stylish too, visit Ziba Couture today!
Leave a comment